Sunday, February 18, 2018

Fan Palm Canopy..Step by Step ..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews







I guess I am on a bit of a close focus track right now, loving the abstraction.

As you might know by now, I love to challenge myself with design options and lots of color.

My reference photo was taken from my back yard, and it was on a very dull overcast day.  

I tweaked my colors and contrasts in Photoshop and found a nice combination this way for me to paint.

I would be lost without Photoshop, it's a must for artists or at least a similar photo correcting program.

So here is the overall process, I hope you like it..
The next post will be the result of my efforts.

Thanks for visiting..





  Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com

No comments: