Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Little Bird..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews





                                                         This one is my first in this style.


Recently I had the pleasure of seeing one of my favorite artists Rita Kirkman work on how she gets her small animal paintings to glow as she does.


https://ritakirkman.com/




I have to say it's a tedious preparation for me, who mostly works very broadly and quickly.


Rita has a technique where she under paints her images on gator foam with pumice gel she tints with acrylic.


She usually works quite small too with all her animal renditions. This also goes against my usual painting format, as I like large formats.


I love the results she gets though, and I am sorry Rita, my poor examples don't do your demo justice.


This image is 8" x 10" unframed
I feel almost happy with it, but it's no Rita Kirkman.


Still, that's not what we should strive for, right? We (artists)  are an eclectic group of people, gathering information and ideas all the time and experimenting with possibilities for our own works.


Maybe I should call this one 'Homage to Rita'...


I have another one I also did in this technique, equally challenging, and I will post it now as well.


Enjoy..


Thanks for visiting..





                  Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com







.

No comments: