Sunday, October 15, 2017

Swan Song..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews




Swan Song is a pastel on a sheet of velour paper.


I was given this paper about a year ago and the artist had drawn pencil lines all over it, not great for velour.

Its a very soft surface and one cannot erase off it.

So I decide not to waste it completely and try to superimpose this floral semi abstract over the top.


It was hard in places, as the white flower showed the transparent layers of the pastel a lot, but I think I have managed to cover all those nasty pencil lines at last.


I did another version of this floral before a few years ago and last night I put the image into Sketch Club on my ipad and abstracted it even more, by chopping and rearranging areas of my older image..


Swan Song began with random veils of pastel dragged over the surface, anything to camouflage those pencil lines.
I then drew my sketchy flower in pastel pencil over this.


By blocking negative shapes into the painting, the flowers began to emerge.

Image size is 16" x 20" unframed

$300 plus S/H

Prints of this image are also available through Fine Art America:





Thanks for visiting..

Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com




No comments: